Get complete protection of your inbox with Barracuda.
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall is a customized dedicated server that contains specialized software for complete protection of your email box. It provides a solution to eliminate spam and virus’ from reaching your domain. All spam and antivirus filtering are handled by the open source packages SpamAssassin and ASSP (Anti-Spam-SMTP-Proxy).
|Inbound Filtering||$50 /mo /domain|
|Inbound Filtering - End User Control Add-On||$2 /mo /email address|
|Outbound Filtering||$50 /mo /server|
Download the Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall Datasheet and Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall Outbound Datasheet for full details.
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall includes:
- Advanced algorithms and comprehensive methods detect and filter spam, resulting in the lowest rate of false positives.
- By utilizing dual layer virus blocking, decompression of archives, and file type blocking, the anti-virus engine in the Barracuda Spam Firewall provides complete virus protection.
- All attachments are scanned and any spyware files are detected and eliminated immediately.
- Get robust protection against phishing schemes which are often used to gather confidential information about an organization or its individual users.
- Prevent the use of forged or "spoofed" sender addresses on unsolicited email with our anti-spoofing feature. Larger organizations can also specify a list of IP addresses that are allowed to have a "From" address that appears from inside the organization to support multiple sites and email servers.
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall protects your email server with twelve layers of defence:
- Denial of service and security protection
- IP reputation analysis
- Automated rate control
- Virus scanning
- Sender authentication
- Recipient Authentication
- User-specified rules
- Spam fingerprint check
- Image analysis
- Intention analysis
- Bayesian analysis
- Rule-based scoring
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall is updated hourly with the latest spam and virus definitions. Updates are provided by Barracuda Central, an advanced 24/7 security operations centre that works to continuously monitor and block the latest Internet threats.
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall contains numerous end-user features that allow for individual tuning to greatly enhance the accuracy of our spam filtering:
- The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall can be configured to set spam policies by the end-user on an individualized basis or on a global corporate level.
- The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall can be configured to allow end-users to have control over their individual allow and block lists, which further reduces the chance of false positives.
- User-Based Filtering
- Personal Allow and Block Lists
- The individual spam scoring feature allows end-users to set their individual thresholds for spam tolerance providing personalized control over spam policies.
- The ability to setup quarantine mailboxes where users can direct questionable email for later review greatly reduces the support load for large organizations.
- Individual Spam Scoring
- End-User Quarantine
- A daily email is sent to all end-users with a quarantine account summarizing the contents of their individual quarantine mailboxes.
- Barracuda Networks provides a software plug-in for both Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes end-users. Users can classify messages as spam or not spam in order to fine-tune filtering and further eliminate any chance of false positives.
- Digest Emails
- Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes Integration
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall is used worldwide by organizations such as Coca Cola, IKEA, YMCA and many other Fortune 500 companies.
Taking the next step in protecting your business
Call us at 1-888-821-7888 or email us at email@example.com