Get complete protection of your inbox with Barracuda.
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall is a customized dedicated server that contains specialized software for complete protection of your email box. It provides a solution to eliminate spam and virus’ from reaching your domain. All spam and antivirus filtering are handled by the open source packages SpamAssassin and ASSP (Anti-Spam-SMTP-Proxy).
|$50 /mo /domain
|Inbound Filtering - End User Control Add-On
|$2 /mo /email address
|$50 /mo /server
Download the Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall Datasheet and Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall Outbound Datasheet for full details.
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall includes:
- Advanced algorithms and comprehensive methods detect and filter spam, resulting in the lowest rate of false positives.
- By utilizing dual layer virus blocking, decompression of archives, and file type blocking, the anti-virus engine in the Barracuda Spam Firewall provides complete virus protection.
- All attachments are scanned and any spyware files are detected and eliminated immediately.
- Get robust protection against phishing schemes which are often used to gather confidential information about an organization or its individual users.
- Prevent the use of forged or "spoofed" sender addresses on unsolicited email with our anti-spoofing feature. Larger organizations can also specify a list of IP addresses that are allowed to have a "From" address that appears from inside the organization to support multiple sites and email servers.
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall protects your email server with twelve layers of defence:
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall is updated hourly with the latest spam and virus definitions. Updates are provided by Barracuda Central, an advanced 24/7 security operations centre that works to continuously monitor and block the latest Internet threats.
The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall contains numerous end-user features that allow for individual tuning to greatly enhance the accuracy of our spam filtering:
- The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall can be configured to set spam policies by the end-user on an individualized basis or on a global corporate level.
- The Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall can be configured to allow end-users to have control over their individual allow and block lists, which further reduces the chance of false positives.
- User-Based Filtering
- Personal Allow and Block Lists
- The individual spam scoring feature allows end-users to set their individual thresholds for spam tolerance providing personalized control over spam policies.
- The ability to setup quarantine mailboxes where users can direct questionable email for later review greatly reduces the support load for large organizations.
- Individual Spam Scoring
- End-User Quarantine
- A daily email is sent to all end-users with a quarantine account summarizing the contents of their individual quarantine mailboxes.
- Barracuda Networks provides a software plug-in for both Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes end-users. Users can classify messages as spam or not spam in order to fine-tune filtering and further eliminate any chance of false positives.
- Digest Emails
- Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes Integration