Effective as of May 25, 2018
The aim of this Policy is to inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you sign up for a CWH Service – We collect certain personal data so you can use the CWH Service such as your name, email address, and phone number.
- When you pay for a CWH Service - We collect certain payment and billing information when you register for certain paid Services. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
- When you use our support channels - The CWH Services also include customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a CWH Service. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
- Content you provide through our websites - The CWH Services also include our websites owned or operated by us. We collect other content that you submit to these websites, which include social media or social networking websites operated by us. For example, you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, activities or events.
We collect this information for these purposes:
- To verify you are the account holder when processing support requests and account changes.
- To communicate with you about CWH Service-related purposes.
- To process your payment to prevent or detect fraud including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the CWH Service.
- To communicate with you for:
- participation in contests, surveys and sweepstakes,
- promotional purposes,
via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us.
We are the sole owners of the information collected. We only have access to and collect information that you voluntarily give us via our website, email, ticketing systems, live chat or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Disclosure to Law Enforcement
We may disclose information to law enforcement agencies without further consent or notification to the subscriber upon lawful request from such agencies. We will cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
In accordance to the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR, we have implemented additional transparency on how you have access and control over your information. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access - the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure - the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object –
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service;
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
In order to enable you to exercise these rights with ease and to record your preferences in relation to how CWH uses your personal data, we provide you with access to update your information via your Account Settings page.
If you would like to review, correct, or update information that you have previously provided to us, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Data Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with a CWH Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of your CWH Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Canadian Web Hosting is the data controller for the purposes of the personal data processed under this Policy.