Vancouver, B.C. and Toronto, O.N.
We maintain rock solid infrastructure and provide top notch support to our clients. We are looking to add a competent Datacentre Technician to our team. The ideal candidate should be able to provide technical support, perform system and network installation, maintain the datacentre operations at optimum performance, have great troubleshooting skills, and work in a multiple work sites.
We value talent! We offer our employees a relaxed work environment, great benefits, and opportunities for development.
A talented Datacentre Technician should be responsible for:
- Setting up and maintaining Data Centre infrastructure.
- Rack/Stack datacentre equipment and Enclosures/Servers/Networking equipment.
- Running and terminating cables and documenting data cabling (CAT5/6, SMF).
- Decommissioning and removing/relocating data equipment.
- Checking connectivity and basic server issues.
- Troubleshooting hardware failure and software issues.
- Monitoring all datacentre resources (network, power, cooling, and space) and checking the status of the datacentre from the NOC.
- Communicating with customers and vendors and providing support.
- Providing remote hands for clients; card swaps, cable moves, reboots, etc.
- Documenting processes, customer information and infrastructure layout.
- Performing Shipping/Receiving functions.
- Updating Asset Management Tool.
Important Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Extensive experience in cabling and installing servers.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Datacentre experience is preferred.
- Intermediate experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of basic networking and TCP/IP concepts.
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts.
- Work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment.
- 40 hours work week with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and graveyard shifts.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and transport hardware computers and peripherals of up to 50+lbs