MAILING LIST FAQ
- What is the Mailing List feature and what can it do?
- How do I set up a new mailing list?
- How do I administer the list?
- Can I delete specific messages sent by members once they have been posted?
We have Mailman v. 2.1.2 installed on our servers. You can read a basic summary of what it can do at Mailman site for specific details and docs.
- Go to your Control Panel
- Click on the "Mailing Lists" (under the "Mail" icon)
- Create a list by clicking on "Add Mailing List"
- Enter the Admin name and the Admin password you want to use for the list
- Click Create.
Your list is now created.
You will need to know the Admin ("Maintainer") email address and password to administer the list. The results of the commands will be sent to the list admin's email address. Go to Mail icon then Mailing Lists then click "Edit" button. Edit List allows the administrator of the list these management options:
- General Options
- Language options
- Membership Management
- Non-digest options
- Digest options
- Privacy options
- Bounce processing
- Archiving Options
- Mail<->News gateways
- Content filtering
- Tend to pending moderator requests
- Go to the general list information page
- Edit the public HTML pages
- Go to list archives
Unfortunately no. This is why we recommend adjusting your list settings to require that a moderator review messages before they are posted. The only way to delete a message is to delete the entire list. Therefore when you are setting up a new list, we also suggest that you create a test list first, do some test messages so you get a feel for how it works, then delete the entire test list and create your "real" list anew.
As always, if you need any help at all, feel free to email us at email@example.com